Wednesday 15 May 2013

Yet more dresses

ok not just dresses but I have made another couple of the Funktional threads Rachel

 I love this one! An old John Rocha t-shirt of CJ's upcycled as a birthday present for a little friend's bithday tomorrow
 I have a love/hate relationship with this dress. I like the sleeves, cut from a shirt of mine, and cj loves the design but it got washed with something that bled indigo dye on the pink sections of the skirt so I had to take it apart and replace them. Oh the things I do for this child LOL
I have never sewn a cardigan before, but at £14 each for a knitted one in the shops it was definitely cheaper to buy a pdf pattern and have a go.
Ok so by the time I bought the kam setter and snaps it worked out alot more expensive but long term its a good investment-so I tell my husband!!
I've now made 3 or 4 for cj and my baby niece, they are getting addictive!!

 We had 2 days of sunshine last week so I went all wild and crazy and made shorts (elephants and elegance pdf pattern) Yes it is officially my fault that there was snow in the UK today LOL
and finally I had to recover Claudie's little Ikea chair-my fault I shrank the cover in the dryer. She picked the fabric herself- i am glad there is enough left over for me to make a tote bag too. The original plan was to recover the existing cushion but it was flat and lumpy so I used pillows to make new cushions.
Madam is very pleased with it

Thanks for looking!

No comments:

Post a Comment